Each local commercial radio station in the UK has requirements in respect of its music and local content, such as news, speech levels etc. These requirements are set out in the station "Format", a document issued by Ofcom, the UK's radio regulator.
This Public File contains details of the elements that Ofcom regulate, such as music tracks, local news etc. It is intended to give you a better understanding of our output and what we are doing for our local community.
However, we would like you all to see what our aims are for the station and how you can contact us.
- News Bulletin Schedule. Sky News is taken during daytime hours
- Recent News Stories covered on air. Live news feed featured on The Voice.
- Contact details for the News Team. (Please see our Contact page)
- The programme schedule. The Voice programme schedule can be found here.
- The average number of hours of automated programming within weekday daytimes and within daytimes on Saturdays and Sundays. Automated programming will be from 0000hrs until 0700hrs Monday to Friday. From 2100 hrs Saturday through to 0700 hrs Sundays; 1200 — 1700 hrs & 2200 – 2400 Sunday;
- The amount of local programming per day produced by the station. The daytime output from The Voice (0700 — 0000) is produced and presented from our Barnstaple studio. Some automated syndicated programmes will be broadcast from Midnight each night.*
- Ofcom Localness Guidelines and how to complain to Ofcom. Ofcom, the Government regulator with responsibilities for local radio, has produced localness guidelines that this station adheres to. These guidelines can be read by following the link at the bottom of the page.
In addition all local radio stations have written 'formats' that they must follow at all times. If you have a complaint to make about this station, in the first instance you should contact the Station Manager at the address below.
If you are unhappy with the response you have received, you can complain directly to the regulator, Ofcom. Their website has full details about how to do this and can be found by clicking the link here.
- Station Contact details. The Voice’s Programme Director is Paul Hopper, and our address is: The Voice (North Devon) CIC, Belle Meadow Court, Albert Lane, Barnstaple, EX32 8RJ.
- Events/charities support or coverage. The Voice offers publicity to a wide range of local organisations and charities by providing the The Voice Event Guide and daily public service announcements, broadcast within our local live programming each day.
- Recent programme and/or news highlights. To be listed.
- Any other issues or areas of interest likely to impact on localness.
- The station's playlist. The Voice plays music from the 1960’s to Today's chart hits. The emphasis will be playing a wide range of songs without a high repetition of one particular song or artist.